So I have shown how to use Meditation to;
- Calm your self
- Slow your breathing
- Focus on the spiritual
- Release the bad energy and fill yourself with good energy
- Invent a world on peace
But how about attacking the physical sensors. The mind is a powerful thing and you can use it convince your body it is sick or healthy.
Meditation and Taste
You can also deceive your mind into sensing taste. Self-control is about total control of your sensors so if you are up for the challenge try this out.
Prepare yourself for meditation as I went through in my previous post, low noise, comfortable position, deep slow breaths , release the bad energy and fill yourself with the good, be at a happy state of mind.
Psychology of taste
Taste is about smell and texture so when meditating imagine yourself holding a lemon in your hand.
1. roll it around in your fingers feeling the bumps and hardness of it’s skin.
2. bring it towards your nose and smell the scent of lemon.
3. bring it back out and roll it in your fingers one more time.
4. Finally take a slow bite of that lemon and you will taste the sourness on your tongue.
How did you go?
Depending on how slow and focused you were you should have tasted that lemon.
Give me some feedback and tell me how you went.
Next post I will show you how far physical senses can go whilst meditating.